You may recognize Hollywood actress Michelle Hurd from her roles on Star Trek: Picard, Hawaii 5-0, Jessica Jones, Daredevil or Law & Order: SVU, just to name a few. Or you may know her from her explosive role as Shepherd on Blindspot, where she and I met!
Amidst her surprisingly busy schedule, Michelle took a few hours to chat with me for Episode 6. We covered everything from dyslexia, to her involvement in martial arts (that helped her get out of some trouble during her teen years), to her favorite delicious vegan dishes including her version of – wait for it – “Shepherd’s” Pie (…get it?)
Michele is so gracious and an all-around amazing human being, and I know you’ll enjoy listening to her as much as I enjoyed chatting with her.
Earths Balance Butter
1 pkg Beyond Meat
*Note: Amount of vegetables varies by your taste and casserole dish. Additionally, feel free to swap or add additional veggies that you prefer!
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Saute onions, celery and carrots in a pan with butter. Once onions have cooked down slightly, add peas and corn.
3. In another pan, saute the package of Beyond Meat, breaking it apart to achieve the texture of hamburger meat. Add port and (a lot of) worcestershire sauce to taste.
4. Combine meat with vegetables and saute, then place into a casserole dish.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the potatoes. Bake in oven, remove skins and whip. Dish it on top of the casserole and spread, then place in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Take it out, and try not to eat the whole thing in one sitting!